Author Topic: Seriously, something needs to happen,  (Read 2100 times)

Matchesia

• A Person
    • View Profile
Seriously, something needs to happen,
« on: July 26, 2015, 07:15:31 PM »
The title says it all

It's dead, but not as dead as the chat.
https://discord.gg/BA9FpQJ

Guma

• Global Moderator
  • [INSERT SOME "INTELLIGENT" QUOTE HERE]
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously, something needs to happen,
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 09:59:50 PM »
RIP Terrablox Progress 2k15
> learning web database programming D:

Uxernome

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 09:16:01 PM »
I tried many things: Working on SoT, started map contests, started a joint map building(in which I remind you, Matthew, were supposed to contribute), started a Minecraft texture port project and, I created one or two forum games. But my efforts were proved to be fruitless.

There were also a few other community projects, the most recent one started by Guma died before it was even decided what kind of game the community wanted to create. I think the reason why there is nothing  happening is because no one wants for something to happen, nor do they care when something does happen. ofc there is one obvious exception.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:19:39 PM by Uxernome »

Terrabloxian

• Drop it like it's hot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 02:50:37 AM »
what if this happened
Jack was making terrablox open source. If he doesnt wanna work on it anymore he can release the source and we'd be more than happy to work with it
Say nope to dope!

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 08:27:10 PM »
Im making a texture pack and skin pack....Now that I can play terrablox and also maybe a world to go along the texture pack ::)
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 05:39:51 PM »
I've struggled to commit to anything dev related for a long time. The only things I've made much progress with recently are addictions and problems. We all need to get on Skype together again, you guys are more reliable than me atm.

Uxernome

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 11:34:12 PM »
Progress is progress nonetheless, if by working on yourself you can overcome the things getting on your way, then it will eventually help achieve other things you want to do.

For future reference, so that everyone knows, I'm called Random Cipher on skype. But I'm not on most of the time. Good luck ever getting to chat/talk with me. But, I'm on terrablox.chatango.com from time to time. I'll be there for what's left of the week in case anyone want to chat.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 10:52:46 PM by Uxernome »

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 04:43:23 PM »
I done a thing: https://i.gyazo.com/a1a6c87228e667934a43a675b8247605.gif (It looks at blocks again, however far away)

So next thing is adding blocks and removing blocks again, then we're getting somewhere finally, lol.

You guys will be please to know I left my job, I have a good personal budget to work with for a while, and I wanna make stuff. This won't be my only thing, but I definitely want to get back onto this.

Also, I dunno if I gave out a demo before, but: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33776055/tbdemo.zip

Uxernome

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 09:43:25 PM »
Well, I'm not entirely pleased that you left your job, because it worries me. But if you left it, it must mean that it was not the job you were looking for. Hopefully you'll eventually find something that makes you happy :)

But I am glad that you're back on this project again :D
Also the demo runs quite smoothly on my pc, 180 fps at most times :D

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 08:38:12 AM »
Yeah leaving your job may be a good/bad thing but dude this engine, its so perfect it runs so fast chunks so fast, looks amazing, the worlds will be so vast!!
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 04:32:22 PM »
Well, my job wasn't getting me anywhere any more. Wasn't doing enough. And I won't be living in a box on the street for a while, don't worry. I'm good, I'm happy, I'm gonna make some freaking games. :p

Glad you like the demo, I'm actually surprised it was working at all! I spent 3 hours last night trying to solve a "data structure with index doesn't exist" error, which I hate because it's like ".... WHAT DATA STRUCTURE, YOU MUPPET!?!", which only occurred when floating around a gig of memory and creating a new quad-tree entry. All of which I put fail-safes in and still it was happening!
Had another look this morning and found out the structure it was trying to use was in fact an array (which was meant to hold ds_maps)... Derp. So I went through and put [ 0 ] in front of every occurrence, low and behold, it works again. Somehow it worked before, magically, damn you GM! >.<

Terrabloxian

• Drop it like it's hot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 10:30:57 PM »
The demo is awesome! The generation is really nice and the rivers are pristine! Though i cant figure out how to move the camera if there is even a way.
Say nope to dope!

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 11:26:32 PM »
Press F3 to lock the camera onto the mouse (says in the top left), WASD to move it. :)

Terrabloxian

• Drop it like it's hot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 11:56:06 PM »
Oh wow -_- my dumb self...
I actually ended up getting that data structure error that you were talking about btw.
Say nope to dope!

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 04:18:23 AM »
@ terrabloxian derp

@jack lol still better than our errors of not being fast enough XD nicely done tho, and that quad tree system is so cool
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!