Author Topic: New Version! alpha-0.2.9  (Read 2595 times)

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
New Version! alpha-0.2.9
« on: September 03, 2014, 09:44:05 PM »
I wanted to put this right up on the site but I seem to have "mislaid" the site source... So I'll have to get all that back off the server to make changes again. So that's too awkward atm. But I am able to upload the new version and give you a link to it here! :)

Download:
http://terrablox.com/downloads/data/release-version/terrablox-alpha-0.2.9b.zip

Change log:
  • Options to change lots of graphics settings.
  • Options to change the kind of world you can play in.
  • Ability to delete save games.
  • Game mode is displayed on the save game.
  • Semi-Asynchronus loading screen, so you don't feel like you're waiting for nothing.

(Really do need to get the site sorted though!)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 11:07:03 PM by JackOatley »

Uxernome

Re: New Version! alpha-0.2.9
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:43:34 PM »
downloaded it  now.

trg601

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
    • Mutant Brain Games
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 11:46:27 PM »
What happened to my arms?!
And my hair? (The hair that goes up)

And what triggers a skin to be wearing a hat?

Other then that, I love to be able to resize the screen without manually typing in the size in the ini.

I think the blur looks nice, but it's too much. I look at the structure I built and it shows up really blurred
(Maybe the blur show change depending on where your looking.
So directly by your mouse you have a clear shot of what your looking at, and further down the screen it becomes more blurry.

And in game, just seeing the "Mods" button... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edit: One more thing, when I create an ocean map, I fall through the floor for some reason, and then fall for ever through the white abyss.

Double edit: If I go to the underworld, then go back into another non underworld map it looks like the underworld. (Texturewise)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:51:01 PM by trg601 »
I've made some stuff for terrablox, but I'm too lazy to link to much of it.
Terrablox Solder
Join the Terrablox Chatroom!

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 12:23:21 AM »
Hah, thanks for the list of bugs!

To fix the character, you have to delete the current existing character skin (I forgot to invalidate it again). You can get to it by clicking the mods button on the main menu. He should get his hat, but maybe not hair, sorry!

And yes, the DOF isn't dynamic yet. The only thing that needs to change to fix that though is the depth buffer. I'll change that to a specific focus buffer so that it'd essentially show white from the surface you are looking at, and black outwards from and towards your "eyes".

I'll also be adding settings for the DOF as it is now. So you can adjust the maximum blur it uses. If you look at the options, they are "OFF" and "FULL" (not "ON"), So this will be variable too.

I'll look into the ocean issue. And the Underworld thing I'll fix, it probably just doesn't set the texture back.... (Can you use the mod switcher to fix it, because that should go back to the default?)

trg601

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
    • Mutant Brain Games
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 01:04:24 AM »
I'll look into the ocean issue. And the Underworld thing I'll fix, it probably just doesn't set the texture back.... (Can you use the mod switcher to fix it, because that should go back to the default?)
Yes the mod switcher fixes the texture and the sky.
I've made some stuff for terrablox, but I'm too lazy to link to much of it.
Terrablox Solder
Join the Terrablox Chatroom!

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 11:08:17 PM »
OK, fixed the ocean, skin and underworld texture issues!

http://terrablox.com/downloads/data/release-version/terrablox-alpha-0.2.9b.zip

Updated link in first post too.

Uxernome

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 12:27:36 PM »
why not just use different textures for the underworld?

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 12:31:27 PM »
Because it's just a hack at a concept. I only gave it out because I could. It in no way means I fully support it.

Also, I'm aware ash clouds and the fireball thing aren't working correctly (they're inverted...). Will fix that next time.

Uxernome

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 12:48:10 PM »
Then it's meaningless. You've wasted time you could've used to do other more important things.

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 03:09:40 PM »
Not really, I wanted to see if the idea was good. It wasn't what I expected but it worked so I released it as a "hey check this out" kinda thing. I'll eventually add new blocks so it can be generated properly using the same texture pack, no trees, etc. The reason it is as it is, is because it DIDN'T take much time. ;)

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 06:33:33 PM »
Nothing jack had done is a waste of time....you should rather thank him for listening to the small community
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

Uxernome

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 11:49:33 PM »
A developer is bound to read criticism on his game, whatever type of game he makes, if it's free or not, even how small or large the community is. The critic may be bitching, constructive & negative, positive & constructive, even boot licking! Jack is a human. Meaning he can make mistakes and waste his times on things he may even himself acknowledge to be for nothing. Nothing is perfect in life, stop revering game devs as gods, you should rather respect them as talented men.

I'm thankful that Jack makes a game which is available for free. I know very well that he could just be like "screw you internet, I hate you" and not make games at all. I'm no ingrate! Terrablox still provides me with hours of fun. Something I doubt you have even done once.

Lastly, I would like to point out that Jack, as an adult, is able to justify what he does with the game and face such criticism whit out being shocked, embarrassed, angry or whatever you think he feels. Your intervention was quite redundant.

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 06:21:57 AM »
First and foremost if you have a problem inbox me..second he has the right to waste his time and its not a waste my comment was just to supply your ignorance....adding fuel to it didn't do much. Now you stated that he is a human which is another ignorant statement humans tend to have feelings...your a big contributer but I just stated that i like the idea I didnt need a speech about what you think...ANYWAYS jack keep up the good work man this game is wicked
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

Uxernome

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2014, 02:14:27 AM »
You don't need speeches you say? Well that's not what your actions tell me. I am just pointing out something, it is in no mean an attack and Jack knows so. You're the one who thinks I'm nasty, if jacks doesn't like my tone, he would certainly have told me so. You're totally misinterpreting what's going on. Re-read what I wrote and think.

That's all I have to say. If you have a problem with me, pm me. I don't have anything against you, nor against anyone.

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 05:17:15 AM »
Dude I never came at you in the first place that's what i was telling you i love the hell idea its not a mistake...or a waste of time its rather wicked.....we have our own opinions its kinda used as support
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!