Author Topic: New SOT Thread  (Read 5073 times)

Uxernome

New SOT Thread
« on: August 24, 2014, 10:22:15 PM »
For now, project mineport will be on hold. I'm focusing my efforts on releasing a new map. This time it will be for New Terrablox.

Progress is now close to 15% atm. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I suggest that you use that Search button on the top right.

I'm still working on the lore of Terraland as well, so be sure to brace yourself for a nice wall of text.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 10:26:12 PM by México »

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
Re: New SOT Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 07:11:23 AM »
This sounds interesting  ;D
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

Terrabloxian

• Drop it like it's hot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 08:30:10 PM »
Im interested to see what comes out.
Say nope to dope!

Uxernome

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 04:04:32 AM »
darn majhost being down for maintenance, I would've posted some screenshots to show progress so far D:<

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 10:42:25 AM »
Is it still done or what lol I wanna see whats going on over there?!?!?!?!?
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

Uxernome

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 06:44:08 PM »
well I didn't work on it the past few days because of school, so now that I have 3 days, I'll probably have done some significant progress around sep. 8

Uxernome

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 12:48:01 PM »
Creation Log, First Entry:

+ Started to build a temple.
+ The plans for the city are done. However I ain't gonna reveal them :P
+ Magic formulas. Literally a wall of text.
+ The name of the city is Heetyrenvir, one of the four cities mentioned in the ancient text.

Uxernome

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 04:20:27 AM »
Unrelated to map but:
Started writing a guide on how to pronounce and read old yeffin language with additional words and idioms.
Also, those waiting for the map will have to wait a bit; I was sick for 4 days, consequently I couldn't work on it very much. Except insignificant progress of about 20 blocks ): 

trg601

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
    • Mutant Brain Games
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 02:39:16 PM »
If you are planning on making multiple maps that link together (Storywise), I could give a hand in building one if you need the help.
I've made some stuff for terrablox, but I'm too lazy to link to much of it.
Terrablox Solder
Join the Terrablox Chatroom!

Uxernome

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 04:34:57 AM »
They all have a link with the other maps story wise. However, I would prefer not have help for the sake of not spoiling anything, that's the reason why I decided not to post any screen even after majhost came back. Unless you know a way to generate generic buildings like houses and wells, I won't accept any help map-making wise. Thanks for the offer though.

If you still want to help me, you can help expand the dictionaries of Yariotish and/or Dracanata.
Inside the temples you will find in future maps, there will be inscriptions in both languages carved on the walls. I also plan to do something with those black diamonds once they're all found which will require more words from Dracanata.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 03:03:55 PM by México »

Uxernome

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 12:52:18 PM »
Creation Log 2:
+Finished temple
+Started building the city
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:59:14 PM by México »

Uxernome

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 06:27:28 PM »
Creation Log 3:
+More story
-Lost the map in a crash
+Building the map again from scratch

trg601

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
    • Mutant Brain Games
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 11:59:08 PM »
You should play terrablox on a dropbox folder, so then you can share us the link to the map so we can download the latest version easily
I've made some stuff for terrablox, but I'm too lazy to link to much of it.
Terrablox Solder
Join the Terrablox Chatroom!

Uxernome

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 03:53:47 AM »
yeah I should :|

Or maybe I should just learn from this lesson that I've got to make a backup of everything important on my pc

Uxernome

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 05:01:29 AM »
Dear friends,

We found a very old dusty map of the Zaraliotfh Kingdom. The god of Archaeology and I remade and translated it for everyone's use. Only with a view from the sky like in this map we can fully admire the magic of Terraland, which is a flat world instead of a planet, indeed how did these mountains form? How can there be important climatic and geographic differences between areas? A mystery we will no doubt be able to explain in the near future...

Notes:
The icon for city is also the same for village, therefore, we used yellow for cities and blue for villages.
The Eastern Kyrrynian Desert is not a part of Southern Zaraliotfh Province, it was simply a territory that was owned by the Zaraliofhans at the time.
The original map didn't have name for the rivers, I guess we'll need to find more recent maps to know their names (Translation: I couldn't think of any name for now)
We translated the name of the lake on the High Grounds as "Divine" however, in zaraliofhan yariotish speech, it refers more to dragon than god, because in our language we have no equivalent of such a word. (remember, dragons are more powerful than gods). There is a direct equivalent of the word divine in yeffin, but it wasn't used in this case.

Spoiler: Original location names (written in Yeffin Alphabet) (hover to show)

Post Script: yeah I know it's terrible map art, but hey, what did you expect? I'm not someone good at drawing!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 12:58:37 AM by Uxernome »