Author Topic: What's been happening  (Read 711 times)

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
What's been happening
« on: January 20, 2017, 10:47:48 AM »
So before anyone starts proclaiming the Terrablox End Of Days again, I thought I'd let you know what's been happening and the reason for a lack of updates in the last couple months.

Obviously, I was very busy over Christmas with family things. We've been painting/decorating/cleaning/fixing the house a lot too, it's something we have to do sooner rather than later. I'm helping Dadio on his big project, though he's been just as busy with his family as well. Also will be starting work on an update for an android game me and Dadio worked on ages ago as it picked up in December for some reason and is generating decent money (if we can keep the trend steady). I'm also re-working my websites from scratch (especially my wordpress blog, that's basically done though), and this may later include the main Terrablox site (finally, lol). I've also been working on a web game, it's an old-skool text-based strategy game inspired by one I used to play in 2004 (which no longer exists in any form, it seems), it's user/database driven (it doesn't have a persistent server, but it does catch-up time and game ticks are on the back of client updates, so it emulates a persistent server), the bulk of which is also done.

So I've got a lot of little things on the go atm. Some are opportunistic, so it's better to do them now then any later. Once I've dealt with them, then you'll start seeing Terrablox updates again. Terrablox, I feel, is very close to a well rounded state, so I'm eager to get back to it! :)

Matchesia

• A Person
    • View Profile
Re: What's been happening
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 12:56:48 PM »
So before anyone starts proclaiming the Terrablox End Of Days again, I thought I'd let you know what's been happening and the reason for a lack of updates in the last couple months.

Obviously, I was very busy over Christmas with family things. We've been painting/decorating/cleaning/fixing the house a lot too, it's something we have to do sooner rather than later. I'm helping Dadio on his big project, though he's been just as busy with his family as well. Also will be starting work on an update for an android game me and Dadio worked on ages ago as it picked up in December for some reason and is generating decent money (if we can keep the trend steady). I'm also re-working my websites from scratch (especially my wordpress blog, that's basically done though), and this may later include the main Terrablox site (finally, lol). I've also been working on a web game, it's an old-skool text-based strategy game inspired by one I used to play in 2004 (which no longer exists in any form, it seems), it's user/database driven (it doesn't have a persistent server, but it does catch-up time and game ticks are on the back of client updates, so it emulates a persistent server), the bulk of which is also done.

So I've got a lot of little things on the go atm. Some are opportunistic, so it's better to do them now then any later. Once I've dealt with them, then you'll start seeing Terrablox updates again. Terrablox, I feel, is very close to a well rounded state, so I'm eager to get back to it! :)
It's great to see that your still alive!

It's dead, but not as dead as the chat.
https://discord.gg/BA9FpQJ

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 04:51:26 AM »
Thanks for this, i really started to fill blue  :'(
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 01:50:11 PM »
On a Terrablox note though...

I've still been trying to port it to GM2. Apparently the fact that I couldn't get HLSL 11 Shaders working before is because they were broken in GM. They are now working, but not with my HLSL9 shaders. I can port the shaders to GLSL ES and HLSL 11, no errors or crashing, they just don't show anything... These shaders are pretty complex maths wise, as they have to get numbers from certain bits with no bitwise operators, so it's very possible that the maths is getting screwed differently than HLSL 9. I've no idea.

The only solution I can think of, that isn't me just running around in circles going "I got it, I got it!... Oh wait no I haven't..." is to go several steps back and get rid of the memory saving vertex format in favour of something simpler, maybe also remove some graphical features... And then try to work it all back in.

So, sorry for the delay. Blame YYG for removing HLSL 9 without any prior warning. And replacing it with HLSL 11 that didn't work. And on top of my other work. >.<

trg601

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
    • Mutant Brain Games
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 03:04:29 AM »
. . . Blame YYG . . .
Will do, it's easy enough XD

Good luck with it, I hope you figure it out.
I've made some stuff for terrablox, but I'm too lazy to link to much of it.
Terrablox Solder
Join the Terrablox Chatroom!