Author Topic: Diverse weapon crafting.  (Read 991 times)

Matchesia

• A Person
    • View Profile
Diverse weapon crafting.
« on: November 25, 2016, 10:33:42 PM »
In Minecraft, there is a mod that allows you to construct items by making parts of the weapon seperately instead of crafting everything with sticks.(Pickaxe Head, Sword head, Hammer head,etc) I feel as though this would create cool crafting opportunities.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 10:38:58 PM by Matchesia »

It's dead, but not as dead as the chat.
https://discord.gg/BA9FpQJ

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
Re: Diverse weapon crafting.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 12:02:38 AM »
I've been considering it, but my system is different to that of MC. In MC you fill slots into a shape, only 1 item per slot actually counts towards the craft-able item. In my system a craft-able may require 2 wood, but both those wood can be taken from the same slot.

There may be cases where adding in a "middle-man" step might be useful and add variety. But cases like replacing "Stick + Stone = Pick" with "(stick = pick handle) + (stone = pick head) = Pick" is just adding another pointless step. Another way to put it is sub-items need to have more than one use, why craft an "axe head" when it's only going to go on an axe? That doesn't add anything but grind.

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 02:12:34 AM »
@Jack Wait is this similar to forsaken isles crafting ?? If so thank god thats the most bad ass crafting system ive seen. You can learn recipes from collecting the resources and stuff like that and when youve learned them it will just say that you have the requred items if the recipe is locked but wont tell you what the recipe is or how to craft it until youve unlocked it  8)  I really think that would be cool to see in terrablox!
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

Matchesia

• A Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 10:01:43 AM »
@Jack Wait is this similar to forsaken isles crafting ?? If so thank god thats the most bad ass crafting system ive seen. You can learn recipes from collecting the resources and stuff like that and when youve learned them it will just say that you have the requred items if the recipe is locked but wont tell you what the recipe is or how to craft it until youve unlocked it  8)  I really think that would be cool to see in terrablox!
I've seen that in many other games before, and In my opinion I feel as though its incredibly frustrating to do. imagine that you wanted to make an item for your friend and give to him, once you give it to him he won't be able to craft it because he wouldn't have the crafting recipe but you would. which is what makes it so frustrating.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:11:34 AM by Matchesia »

It's dead, but not as dead as the chat.
https://discord.gg/BA9FpQJ

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 12:09:32 PM »
No there won't be recipes that you have to unlock. There won't be any arbitrary limits on what you can and can't do or make. It just won't tell you want the recipe is, so you have to guess/experiment, it's similar to MC in that sense, but without the requirement of also filling out some arbitrary shape.

I think it may be similar to FI, I'm not sure how that does it. But what happens is say you put 1 Wood Block into the craft section, in the results section you'd see a Bowl and 5 Sticks, as 1 Wood makes both of these items. If you put in 2 Wood blocks, you'll see a Bowl and 5 sticks again, but also Planks, as Planks requires 2 logs.

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 11:12:51 AM »
Oh yeah thats perfect! Thats the second option i was looking forward to  :o
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!