Author Topic: Combat Mode.  (Read 942 times)

Matchesia

• A Person
    • View Profile
Combat Mode.
« on: October 04, 2016, 10:11:01 PM »
When you go on your world and change to Terraboy perspective, it would be interesting to see a combat based inventory where you can use weapons instead of placing blocks.

It's dead, but not as dead as the chat.
https://discord.gg/BA9FpQJ

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
Re: Combat Mode.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 11:24:10 PM »
You mean like visible equipment that you see the player holding? That'll probably be a thing when I get the animations in. Or do you mean it hides that inventory bar completely while you're in "combat mode"? That'd make sense from a "can't build with enemies nearby" perspective.

Matchesia

• A Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 08:11:17 AM »
You mean like visible equipment that you see the player holding? That'll probably be a thing when I get the animations in. Or do you mean it hides that inventory bar completely while you're in "combat mode"? That'd make sense from a "can't build with enemies nearby" perspective.
Yeah, that's basically what I mean.

It's dead, but not as dead as the chat.
https://discord.gg/BA9FpQJ

Terrabloxian

• Drop it like it's hot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 03:14:31 AM »
"can't build with enemies nearby".

So you mean to tell me I cant build a dirt box when i dont have a sword to fight the demons with?
Say nope to dope!

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 02:19:13 PM »

So you mean to tell me I cant build a dirt box when i dont have a sword to fight the demons with?
Yup! Adventure mode will probably be a lot different than you guys are imagining. I want it to be difficult. :)

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 04:55:16 AM »
That makes perfect sense  :P
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

Braffolk

• I like beans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 02:33:58 PM »

Yup! Adventure mode will probably be a lot different than you guys are imagining. I want it to be difficult. :)

YES PLEASE!!"
I really dislike how in MineCraft their sense of difficulty is in "lets spam them with zombies so that it'd be as annoying as possible".

That's not difficult, that's just annoying. I really wish sandbox games had some actual strategic and difficult gameplay when it comes to mobs.

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 07:47:34 PM »
Oh but of course
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 10:00:57 PM »
YES PLEASE!!"
I really dislike how in MineCraft their sense of difficulty is in "lets spam them with zombies so that it'd be as annoying as possible".

That's not difficult, that's just annoying. I really wish sandbox games had some actual strategic and difficult gameplay when it comes to mobs.
Exactly, they're always too safe. I want it to be difficult to establish a permanent base, and even when you do I want it to be a labor to maintain (repairs, fuel, supplies, etc). And no sapling = massive tree in the morning. No infinite water pools. Stuff like that. And I've gone into detail about the mobs before, so I'll wait until they're nearer implementation before I go on about that again. But other than the mobs, I've also talked before about the terrain itself being a hazard, earthquakes, volcanoes and such will be scarier than the mobs. Think more along the lines of Don't Starve, but hopefully less boring. :P

trg601

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
    • Mutant Brain Games
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 07:26:20 PM »
I think it would be cool if resources were not as unlimited (or easy to obtain) as they are in Minecraft, making it much more of a challenge to survive.

I would love to see a challenging adventure mode!
I've made some stuff for terrablox, but I'm too lazy to link to much of it.
Terrablox Solder
Join the Terrablox Chatroom!