Author Topic: Mod Structure Maker  (Read 9649 times)

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
Mod Structure Maker
« on: March 12, 2014, 03:06:49 PM »
MOD STRUCTURE MAKERMEGA UPDATE!!!!
I changed a lot!
Same Method of using
But better stuff and you can load the schematics
the schematic  creates 2 files now(one for terrablox and one for loading)
so yeah please tell me what you guys think!

Also anything previous schematic made isn't compatible with the loading...
tree_pass isn't compatible as well

NEW LINK:   
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tv23d1ff4xfh6la/Schematic.exe
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:11:47 PM by R34LD34L »
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Structure Maker
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 04:43:27 PM »
Can we at least get a screenie?

Also, explain more about what you need in the game to make this fully compatible. Because in theory you should already be able to put any model with any blocks into the game with the same method as the trees. (albiet they will spawn like trees, which may not be ideal, unless that's what you need me to sort out! :P)

trg601

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
    • Mutant Brain Games
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 04:46:39 PM »
I have created a modmake specific to creations. It lets you build a structure and then creates it similar to the way trees are created. I wont release it until we have proper modding towards the terrain and stuff but it is very much in perfection
Add screenshots or videos please... I want to see what you got!
I've made some stuff for terrablox, but I'm too lazy to link to much of it.
Terrablox Solder
Join the Terrablox Chatroom!

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 04:51:17 PM »
I will on Friday....But I can explain the basic design...

I used my voxel engine and it allows you to build something in my basic engine and then press enter and it turns what you build directly into code.
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 04:52:28 PM »
Double Post: Sorry, I would like to be able to know the variable assigned to the grid used for the terrain.....global.layer[Z],X,Y???

Edit: My current engine uses an array for the block id's which I will add soon also I will add in a brief and simple interface and save the schematic in myDocuments/schematics or whatever you want to specify. Also I can make a configuration file propbably a .ini
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:58:53 PM by R34LD34L »
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 07:33:43 PM »
I'm confused, what's the format you're creating that you're expecting to plug into the game? Because the trees for example, are in JSON, it's literally just a list of every block, their positions are just a relative offset from a bottom-center block. It doesn't expect actual code? :/

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 10:55:41 AM »
Yeah I just changed my format and I will release some pics but I need away to import it in the game beside changing the tree_pass lol that gives some crazy results!

EDIT: PICTURES (:
*Please note that this is not the final results but just a brief modification of the 'tree_pass'
Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:26:21 PM by R34LD34L »
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 12:15:13 PM »
Crazy yes, but it works? That's the important thing!

At the moment, there's no modding of generation outside of just adding things into the tree list. I've got a lot of things to look at atm, bringing the game back together for release... So I think it's best I concentrate on just getting that out for the time being.

For now, if you can give me some more details of how you want to define how these models get placed in the world that'll be cool. These can be values within the model, so like however blocks are defined, just add entries for rarity, type of block they spawn on, maximum that can exists, whatever you can think of for now. I'll write an example out later, when I can look at reference stuff. :)

trg601

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
    • Mutant Brain Games
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 12:36:46 PM »
That is pretty darn cool looking, I like how the tile-y things stack on each other because of the grass :D
I've made some stuff for terrablox, but I'm too lazy to link to much of it.
Terrablox Solder
Join the Terrablox Chatroom!

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 12:56:14 PM »
Haha thanks I was thinking of adding properties to those models. I have an idea of defining the models to spawn at specific locations (Ships on Water) etc...

Edit: Added Support with XBLOCKS and almost all block...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:35:53 PM by R34LD34L »
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 01:49:11 PM »
That is pretty darn cool looking, I like how the tile-y things stack on each other because of the grass :D

Lol ya, that was funny!

Haha thanks I was thinking of adding properties to those models. I have an idea of defining the models to spawn at specific locations (Ships on Water) etc...

Yes. I was intending to do this by having "reserve" blocks in the modeler/model that hold a type they have to match with in the world. So in the game, the model won't be spawned unless it meets all those reserve blocks. Would do a similar thing for blocks that should be culled or overwrite the world (rather than being used in collision check when spawning).

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 02:18:54 PM »
That would be perfect!!

Edit: I think I will add a way to overlap schematics.....Like the way there are different types of trees players will be able to make a stone pyramid,sand pyramid,etc...with the same specifications and the overall design will work smoother and make it more efficient.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:45:12 PM by R34LD34L »
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

Terrabloxian

• Drop it like it's hot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 02:24:26 AM »
I have an idea for something to make... HEHEHE, I can never get 3D to work though :(
Say nope to dope!

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 09:09:42 AM »
Awww Terrabloxian, just saw you Dadio meme signature, that's amazing! He's back on.... Sunday, I think! I'll sing that to him. :P

That would be perfect!!

Edit: I think I will add a way to overlap schematics.....Like the way there are different types of trees players will be able to make a stone pyramid,sand pyramid,etc...with the same specifications and the overall design will work smoother and make it more efficient.
Maybe like how block are listed, just add a different keyword like "swapBlock1" where the type would usually be, then somewhere else in the model list what blocks swapBlock1 can be?

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 11:05:51 AM »
??? I think I could do that....I have made a skylands mod so far looks pretty cool I think
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!