Author Topic: Demos!  (Read 8678 times)

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
Re: Demos!
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2016, 12:27:15 AM »
Is it supposed to be night time when I create a world?
Oops, I left it fixed to night time... I'll sort that out in the morning, lol. My bad. I always forget something!

trg601

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
    • Mutant Brain Games
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2016, 04:26:40 AM »
I guess you have good reasoning for not using external block/item indexes, and I think you could get around that with like a versioning system or something, but that's probably too much of a hassle. You do know at least one person who is exciting about modding though :)

There is a glitch if you click water with an empty bucket in creative mode.
Also, I have one world in adventure mode where if I pick up certain items I don't have my game will crash. Like coal, for example.
If you want to see for yourself here is the world file: (I left out the changed data since that doesn't really matter)
Spoiler (hover to show)
And since the player file is kinda long, I put it on Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/e4i0NGTh

I also found if you rename a world file to a name with a hyphen, the game will read the world but won't save under that name (save-name) would save to (save_name) Maybe the game should just rename the folder before loading.
Speaking so much of the world files, I should ask, why do the world folders have an extension (.tb)? It feels like a bit of an unnecessary hassle in my opinion and could make things harder for sharing maps.

And you should check if you are inside a transparent block before drawing the block you are inside, because that will look weird if you fly into a glass block, or even weird if you fly into a block of leaves on a tree, because the "cover" block will be stationary and the real block of leaves will move outside it.

Also, the "LOAD GAME" menu doesn't quite fit in the teeny 1024x568 resolution. (one of the save items partially overlaps the back button)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 04:37:42 AM by trg601 »
I've made some stuff for terrablox, but I'm too lazy to link to much of it.
Terrablox Solder
Join the Terrablox Chatroom!

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2016, 12:45:36 PM »
@trg601,
Well, they're kept external mainly as a reference for modders, in terms of format and folder structure. This method is inspired by the Total War games where you can edit the main game files, or simply copy-paste them into the mod sub-folder. Just an easy system, and users can make their own tools as there's no proprietary hidden formats.

I know there is issues with those types of items in Creative mode. I'm just going to take them out of Creative though, as you can't place them and you don't need to survive they're pretty redundant.

I'm pretty sure there was a reason it changes - to _. Or it might just be something that fixed an issue somewhere else and carried over. I'll look into it as changing save file name has been requested before.
The extension is there for a very good reason. Save game names aren't stored in another list somewhere (as they used to be, this turned out to be awkward), so the extension is there to programmatically find them. It's clearer and of obvious intent when I say "get all *.tb directories", rather than "get any and all directories".

Yeah, I tend to notice that and then not do it again for ages and forget. :P

I think the load game menu just grows and never splits into pages or anything, lol. So yes, I'll fix that too.

EDIT:
Also, I have one world in adventure mode where if I pick up certain items I don't have my game will crash. Like coal, for example.
If you want to see for yourself here is the world file: (I left out the changed data since that doesn't really matter)
Spoiler (hover to show)
And since the player file is kinda long, I put it on Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/e4i0NGTh
I am getting this crash with those files, I get it by just placing the torch and trying to pick it up again. But it only happens in YYC... So this'll be fun to debug!

EDIT2:
@trg601, Fixed that crash error with your player save. You know how you have a blank slot on the bottom inventory bar, I think it's slot 3 or 4, well somehow that had (null) in it rather than an empty string. And there was a bit of code to do with finding existing stacks/empty slots that was expecting a string. I'll look at the item moving code to see how that snuck in, but I haven't seen that before and it might be related to closing the inventory while holding something or the game auto saving the inventory while holding something (that slot is essentially in a "wonder what's going here?" state).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:44:56 PM by JackOatley »

SweetCelestia

• I like my little pone :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2016, 09:13:10 AM »
Wow, dude, this really amazing!
Cuz i know how this hard to make this shit working w/o bugs, lags and etc...
2DL, CSS, 2DRTP, B&W, metroUI, KOS, and also more my old stuff here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bx3zOtYvYsMkWVY2NC03Z1ZFekE

trg601

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
    • Mutant Brain Games
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2016, 05:02:17 PM »
...there should be a holiday update, just saying, it wouldn't be a terrible idea...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 05:04:06 PM by trg601 »
I've made some stuff for terrablox, but I'm too lazy to link to much of it.
Terrablox Solder
Join the Terrablox Chatroom!

Matchesia

• A Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2016, 08:43:28 PM »
...there should be a holiday update, just saying, it wouldn't be a terrible idea...
great idea.

It's dead, but not as dead as the chat.
https://discord.gg/BA9FpQJ

JackOatley

• Global Moderator
  • Nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2016, 11:26:22 AM »
It would have been nice, but I didn't have too much time.

ChesterKeS

• Baby Member
    • View Profile
    • Купить монетные альбомы в магазине произk
Купить монет
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2017, 04:11:09 AM »
Альбом для юбилейных монет СССР и России 1965-1996 гг. Купить монетные альбомы в магазине производителя

ChesterKeS

• Baby Member
    • View Profile
Купить монет
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2017, 04:11:38 AM »
Альбом для юбилейных монет СССР и России 1965-1996 гг. Купить монетные альбомы в магазине производителя

ChesterKeS

• Baby Member
    • View Profile
Купить монет
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2017, 04:12:09 AM »

ChesterKeS

• Baby Member
    • View Profile
Купить монет
« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2017, 04:13:45 AM »
купить альбом для монет в Череповце Купить монетные альбомы в магазине производителя