Author Topic: Seeking Solutions for Community Survival  (Read 1258 times)

Uxernome

Seeking Solutions for Community Survival
« on: October 18, 2015, 08:41:46 PM »
As you all know, activity in the forums has dropped significantly and with the exception of bots, the community is only a shadow of its former self's shadow( that means we're really moribund). I'm saddened to see that the people I enjoy talking to slowly disappear to never come back.

I think it is obvious at this point that community projects and terrablox are no longer binding us to this place and that an answer to our problem lies not with new content (perhaps I'm wrong, I wish I am). But instead we need new members or rather a new place. By that I mean migrating to another, bigger community or changing our goals.

Of course, there may be other paths we may take and I don't claim that we won't ever die as a group even if we do something new, but there is something that must be done and I think you'll all agree to that. What must be done? Well I suggest that we discuss the matter here, in this thread and decide as a community what is our next move.

Terrabloxian

• Drop it like it's hot
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Solutions for Community Survival
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 10:51:31 PM »
You're right, the community is close to nothing now.  It seems we need something new to support.
Say nope to dope!

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 11:59:45 PM »
Im sorry to say this but terrablox may officially be dead :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

R34LD34L

• "TERRABLOX!!!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 12:00:53 AM »
*double post* noone wanted terrablox 2d  :-\
Schematic Mod Thingy!!!!

trg601

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
    • Mutant Brain Games
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 06:30:19 PM »
Well I think it's safe to say we all (Maybe even Jack) have gotten bored of Terrablox...

Maybe if Jack ever decides to make a new game we could all move to the community for that.

*Cough Cough* Maybe we could make games as a group, apart or together, i.e Uxernome could write stories for the games, and we would share the games and source codes with eachother, allowing us as a community to build up the different games
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:33:45 PM by trg601 »
I've made some stuff for terrablox, but I'm too lazy to link to much of it.
Terrablox Solder
Join the Terrablox Chatroom!

Uxernome

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 12:53:48 AM »
There are 3 places which I think we could migrate to if we judge it all to be necessary:

• GameMaker Community
    We all or almost all found Terrablox on yoyogames and some of us already have accounts there. The GMC is active and shares a lot of subjects and themes with our community.
  • DashNet Forums
    DNF is a kind community and very open to everything and everyone, even bronies. I already have a presence there and have convinced someone from here to join the place. This place is a lot about the community itself than anything else and we may find there a feeling we had lost when the forums started to die.
  • IndieDB
    IndieDB is a large community which will allow us to easily share our game projects and we can create a group there to stay together as a dev team or simply as a subcommunity.
Btw I prefer trg's idea of making games as a group. Those who are in favour of trg's idea raise their hands!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 01:05:46 AM by Uxernome »

Terrabloxian

• Drop it like it's hot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 01:57:32 AM »
I was thinking that myself
Say nope to dope!

Matchesia

• A Person
    • View Profile